Bringing Sexy Back

Okay, I know the “Bringing Sexy Back” song is a bit dated nowadays, but that’s the best way to describe this workout.  I did cardio, back, and biceps work yesterday, and it was awesome.

sexyback

I kept the treadmill going while I hopped off to do the battle ropes.  Dang – those are hard!  As for my cardio, I completed 20 sweaty minutes on the stair climber.  30 minutes would have been nice, but the day before was leg day.  ‘Nuff said.

Later in the day while browsing Twitter, I saw something fantastic.  I learned that Ommegang will be releasing a ‘Game of Thrones’ beer.  It will release in March before the next season debut.

“What better partner for our brewery which prides itself on re-imagining the best of beer? Game of Thrones is rich, fascinating, complex, daring and unexpected. Many lovers of Ommegang feel the same way about our fine ales. We think it’s a unique partnership for two unique brands.” – Simon Thorpe, President and CEO of Brewery Ommegang and Duvel Moortgat USA, quote from The Full Pint

Exciting, right?  Yes – I realize I have nerdy tendencies.  After all, I am reading The Hobbit.

hobbitsses

And I happen to find joy in little things like this.

Source: wanelo.com via Tiff on Pinterest

Source: memebase.com via Tiff on Pinterest

Source: fun-gallery.com via Tiff on Pinterest

Whatever brings you joy, right?  Sorry to all the non-nerds out there.  If the beer and Hobbits aren’t for you, I hope you at least enjoy the workout!

This entry was posted in Brews, Fitness and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Bringing Sexy Back

1. Miz says:

you had ME at the JT reference.
    and the workout :-)
    Ill share!

2. OMG that R2D2 onesie and hat is too much!! I wish that I had someone to buy it for (and wish that my kids weren’t older). I love working my back so thanks for this great workout!

3. Corey @ Learning Patience says:

Yea..thanks for the back workout motivation…hopefully I can do a bit of a couch workout today…I need it!

xoxo from Texas

p.s. you’re one hot nerd girl! :-)

4. Kierston says:

LOL….You made me smile :)

5. Hahahaha. I just can’t like wizard stuff. Sadly, I’ve tried.

6. oh man that last picture :) I love it!

7. Kathryn says:

I love all these things… nerds unite!

=)

8. I secretly still enjoy songs like “Bringing Sexy Back” :) I have never done battle ropes but would love to try! And that onesie/hat combo is super cute!

9. Kacy says:

I love beer, and I loved the Hobbit, the book. I’m wary of the movie though, since they’re milking it into 9 total hours of screen time out of a 300-ish page book.

10. I’ll be a nerd with you – I would love to try Ommegang’s Game of Thrones beer! :)

11. We are on the first season of Game of Thrones…its awesome! I had no clue they have a beer…gonna have to try!

12. lindsay says:

oh my gosh, that baby outfit. LOVE IT!~~

13. I’m a complete nerd at heart, so I can definitely appreciate that beer :D I was actually just rewatching the first season of GoT, and it makes me want to read the books again… buuuuut then I remember that each one is like 1000 pages and refrain…