Happy Friday! Sorry for yesterday’s mushy post. I usually shy away from those, which I guess is why I edited it a wee bit after returning from the gym. Hmmm… I wonder which version went via email to those who subscribe…?
Anyway – today’s not mushy at all. In fact, it’s hard. (Or at least it should be if you want to get sweaty!)
Flashy clothes make workouts more fun!
Here were my workouts from this week.
- Monday: short walk with Kevin, 10 min kickboxing, 10 min lower body pilates, and 30-40 min hip/knee therapy
- Tuesday: 30 sweaty minutes on stationary bike, Little Black Dress Workout (as posted)
- Wednesday: 3-mile run (interval), pushups (20×3), machine chest flies, resistance band chest press
- Thursday: 3-mile run (slow), Little Black Dress Workout (machine leg extension instead of single-leg deadlifts)
- Friday: I plan to do maybe a crossfit style workout for 20 minutes followed by core work.
- Saturday: We’re not there yet, but I hope to run a little outside.
I’m really enjoying that LBD workout, as you can tell. It’ll come in handy tonight at Kevin’s holiday party! Speaking of former workouts – there’s one more worth mentioning. I did this one last week and really enjoyed it.
1 min run on treadmill, 1 min run fast on treadmill, 1 min kb swings, 1 min jump rope, 1 min knee pushups (repeat 3-5 times)
The trick is to keep the treadmill going while you do other stuff. You can use the clock on it as a timer for your other exercises, and you don’t waste time starting it up again. Of course, don’t forget the warm up and cool down.
I don’t really have my future workouts totally nailed down yet, but I worked on them a little last night. Hopefully I’ll have an entirely new routine ready by Monday. I really feel like changing it up for the rest of the month.
- Got any holiday plans this weekend?