A Not-So-Clean Cleanse

So I’m into something new.  Kinda.  Sorta.  Let me explain…

After Kevin’s romantic yet extremely decadent dinner Thursday, I indulged again with BBQ on Friday night with these ladies.  I looooove me some pulled pork, and this was some of the best that I’ve had at a restaurant.  Sadly, Queen City Q’s sauce wasn’t great, but the amazing sweet potato fries made up for it.

bbq

Queen City Q’s pulled pork sandwich

After all those indulgences, I’m starting a cleanse.  It’s a not-so-clean cleanse.  I started it Saturday, and I’m going to continue until I don’t feel like doing it any more.

soft serve

Saturday breakfast, blueberry-banana protein soft serve

I can have fruits, veggies, nuts and seeds, olive oil, Sunwarrior protein, and some wine.  Of course, everything in moderation.  I can also have whatever the heck I want if I really really want it or if I’m at a Christmas party.  I like making my own rules.

veg

Saturday dinner, roast spaghetti squash & broccoli with spice

This stems from me eating a bunch of crap.  I don’t know about you, but when I eat a bunch of junk, I eventually begin to feel like junk.  In addition, when I regularly have sweets, I only want more and more sweets.

bruschette   eggplant

Sunday dinner, fresh bruschetta over eggplant

Of course I’m not subjecting Kevin to this not-so-clean cleanse.  I made him this Chicken Florentine Artichoke Bake last night.  Yeah, I was jealous.

florentine

share?

• Are you practicing any restrictions, or is this open season for treats?

This entry was posted in Food and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to A Not-So-Clean Cleanse

1. MizFit says:

it’s wiiiide open here :-)
    Ive gotta pack move unpack and get settled.
    whatever it takes to git through that is fine :-)

2. I need a cleanse after my baking spree over the weekend. It will be called “getting back to my normal foods which aren’t sugar.”

3. Nichole says:

If I hear “Christmas Calories Don’t Count” my head will explode:)

Moderation!! It’s OK to cleanse or indulge, so long as your staying active. I hope everyone truly takes time to slowly savor the holidays:)

4. I love holiday party food- so when I have events coming up, I’m just a little more mindful with the rest of my meals. It’s hard, though, because all I want to do is holiday baking!

5. No way, no restrictions for me, other than the ones I live with every day on my low fodmaps diet. I love how your cleanse allows wine :) That’s my kind of cleanse!

6. I’ve been trying to eat super healthy since I’m injured and can’t run at the moment. Problem? Whenever I try to do something I fail! haha hoping for a new method this week . :)

7. Jennifer says:

It was great seeing you on Friday night! Hope to see you again soon.

8. I’m just cutting back on the salt :)

9. I love that you’re making your own cleanse rules! I don’t really have any rules around the holidays, for me, frequent small treats whenever the mood strikes seems to prevent over-indulgences. Although, usually after a night of wine, heavy meals, I don’t feel like eating much the next day & gravitate towards veggies & fresh pressed juices. I think it all balances out in the end.

10. I like your style :) My “cleanses” are similar though I usualy struggle with lasting more than 3 days!

11. “but when I eat a bunch of junk, I eventually begin to feel like junk. In addition, when I regularly have sweets, I only want more and more sweets.”

This is so true for me!

12. I feel ya’ on the not feeling so hot after eating junk! I’m pretty much an “everything in moderation” person when it comes to treats…the moderation levels vary! Ha! I’m just focussing on “feeling good” & knowing that “eating good” comes from that. Great post!

13. I’m not restricting anything per se, but my body definitely let’s me know when enough is enough. I usually just try to keep my meals homecooked and full of veggies and lean protein around the holidays, but at parties it is more than okay to indulge. It’s a good lesson in moderation, right?

14. No restrictions for me this season – I’m not big on labelling things as off limits because I find that tends to backfire more often than not. I definitely find my body not appreciating when I eat too much junk food, but things tend to balance themselves out in the end without me really having to do anything drastic so I tend to just go with the flow.

15. I like that wine is included. :) I will probably need a cleanse in the new year, but am not sure I can swing it yet… I’m trying my best to eat well week days, but the weekends are a challenge this time of year!

16. Kierston says:

I’m just living and enjoying…in balance :)

17. I’m always wide open! Restricting doesn’t work for me :)

18. My goal is to continue burning calories, but my indulgences are still usually better than how most Americans eat…so, I don’t feel too bad!

19. I’m doing my kitchen workout (rules re-posted today since Calee made me a bad ass graphic)… it allows for cheats… probably not as many as I has at the wedding I attended this week… but whatever. ;)

20. I am back to writing down what I eat. Not really a cleanse of any kind but more of a wake up call.

21. Pingback: WIAW: Not-So-Clean Cleanse Update | Love, Sweat, and Beers

22. Kaitlin says:

Is this basically like eating clean/pure foods and in moderation rather than processed stuff? I am trying my best to do this but the sugar is killing me. Simply because I will bake something or it’s the holidays and it is everywhere. Any tips?

It was basically fruit and veggies, along with wine, olive oil, and nuts in moderation. I ended up throwing in hummus though just because it was on sale at the store. haha Not very strict! I think allowing a little sugar helps me though, like one really really good piece of dark chocolate instead of a whole crappy processed cupcake. Good luck with it! :)

23. Pingback: Body Love | Love, Sweat, and Beers