My home has had a duck overload for the past two days. Luckily, I think the frenzy has passed. This all started when my grandfather and dad both decided to bring Kevin duck hunting with them this year.
When you hunt ducks, you bring home ducks. This means, your wife cooks ducks.
I have to admit, even with the 8-hour brine and the delicious blueberry sauce, they were a bit too gamey. I think I need to use a slower cooking method next time, such as braising or just throwing the suckers in a crock pot. Gamey or not, Leia still wanted a piece!
- On medium-high in a non-stick pan, cook 1 tsp white sugar. Continually stir. Eventually, the sugar will start to caramelize.
- Stir in 1 tsp apple cider vinegar. Continue stirring while you stir in a couple shakes of cinnamon and a few shakes of dried ginger.
- This might steam up quite a bit, so go ahead and add in about 1.5 cups of fresh blueberries. Continue cooking and stirring. Eventually the berries will begin to break down, so go ahead and reduce the heat to medium.
- Add in one last tsp apple cider vinegar and stir until you hit the desired consistency.
I know what you’re thinking. It sounds odd that a chick who just finished a veg pledge is cool with her hubby shooting things for fun, BUT you don’t get much more “free range” than that…. so long as he’s a good shot.
We also just got our custom framing finished up last night. Yup… more ducks. Ugh! See what I mean about overload? At least the artist painted the spot my fellas actually went hunting, so I suppose that’s acceptable.
K… I’m off to the gym. Happy Friday!
- Are you on an overload of something at the moment?
- Ever eaten game meat?