WIAW: Last Day of Veg Pledge

I made it through my veg pledge!  As you may remember, there was that social occasion slip-up, but I’d say the 28 days were still a success.  Today is actually the last day of my not-so-challenging challenge, so a lot of the meals I show here will be repeated today. As always, thanks to Jenn for hosting the weekly WIAW roundup!

Pre-gym: rice cake and SuperPump Max*

superpump

*Yes, I feel silly saying I actually tried something called “SuperPump Max,” but I actually kind of liked it.  This was my third time sampling this particular product, which Muscle & Fitness so kindly sent, and I’ve had a great workout every time.  I think it’s the caffeine more than anything, which can be helpful at 5:15 a.m.

Breakfast:egg whites, brown rice, rotel, and sauteed onion

wiaw

Snack: half a Core Power shake and 7 almonds

Lunch: salad (apple, dried cherries, cabbage, spinach, carrot, and natural lite honey mustard) & 2 tsp pb for dessert

wiaw    peeb

I weigh my dried cherries; those are dangerously good!

Snack: again, the other half of that Core Power shake and 7 almonds

almonds

Dinner: 2 homemade bean burgers (inhaled one before serving) and roast Brussels sprouts

dinner    wiaw

Snack: I don’t know how I was still hungry, but I was.  I followed up with another rice cake and peanut butter.

That’s a lotta’ yum!

• Ever made your own bean burger?  If you have a favorite recipe, link up in the comments!

This entry was posted in Food and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

32 Responses to WIAW: Last Day of Veg Pledge

1. Everything looks yummy…especially the brussel sprouts…Love them!!

2. I’ve never made my own bean burger, need to try that out! Ohhh yes, dried cherries are so good!

3. Jessie says:

Mmmm.. love brussel sprouts. Like i eat a serving at least once a day!

4. I’ve never made my own bean burger, but they sound delcious! I used to love making my own falafels though… those are sort of the same, right? Haha. Okay, not really :D

Great day of eats! Glad your veggie challenge was successful.

5. Nichole says:

WAY TO GO!! Nobody’s perfect but you were majority healthy – so proud of you, seriously.

Almonds, can’t pop just one.

I would love a good black bean burger recipe, let me know what you find!

6. Yum..those Brussel Sprouts look delicious!!!

xoxo from Trinidad

7. Lynette says:

Congrats! I doubt I would have made it 28 days. The bean burger looks delicious!

8. Congrats! I do have a recipe for a bean burger but I cannot find it :(

9. Congrats on your successful veg pledge!
    My fave bean burger is from Daily Garnish: http://www.dailygarnish.com/recipes?recipe_id=6000060. Sooo great!

10. Congrats on the veg pledge! Your eats look so healthy! My favorite is the salad – I love the addition of apples and dried cranberries.

11. Haha I have those days where I have no idea how I’m still hungry too. Gotta give the body what it wants though :D

12. I love bean burgers! I’m having white bean and sage bean burgers on Friday.
    These are my favorite ones: http://www.madeinsonoma.com/2012/04/chickpea-cilantro-burgers.html

13. Great dessert choice! I can’t be around PB or it gets out of hand :)

14. Sloane says:

Love me some brussels sprouts! Do you have a recipe for those bean burgers?? They look fabulous!

15. Those brussels look perfect – a little crispy, just like I like ‘em.

My favorite bean burgers are my Ginger-Lime Edamame and Back Bean: http://www.sprint2thetable.com/recipage/?recipe_id=6014217 They freeze really well too!

16. Your breakfast looks good! What is rotel though? I’ve never heard of it!

My favourite bean burgers are Jenna`s boyfriend approved spicy black bean burgers. They`re so good! http://www.eatliverun.com/boyfriend-approved-spicy-black-bean-burgers/

17. I make bean burgers all the time- they’re so fast and easy! I don’t even really think I have a recipe b/c I think the ingredients change every time I make them! Your lunch salad sounds fantastic – dried cherries are the BEST.

18. Congratulations on your veg-pledge completion! :)

19. YUM! That salad sounds divine! I loooove honey mustard anything lol – I loooove how you count out 7 almonds btw – my lucky number :P :P

20. Wooo good job! I’ve never made a bean burger, but I want to try!!

21. Isn’t it great what a little caffiene can do so early in the morning?!? :) Looks like some awesome eats–yum! This is my favorite bean burger recipe: http://eatmovebalance.com/black-bean-burgers/

22. Lot-O-Choc says:

Roasted brussel sprouts are the best…so delicious!

23. Your roasted brussel sprouts look HEAVENLY. (And I weigh a lot of my food, too. It is great for recipe creation, and also keeping portions in check ;))

My favorite bean burger is this one:

[I've made a Mexican version, but I'm not sure that I ever posted it.]

24. Jane says:

Boy, you uh… measure your salad out? I didn’t see anything about an ED in your about me section, perhaps that should be next on your list. Wishing you luck in this journey.