It’s exhausting having such a jam-packed social calendar. I joined Heather’s Meatless Monday blog party Monday, and I attended Jen’s WIAW blog party yesterday. Now look at me linking up again with Janine’s #DrinkUpLinkUp shenanigans. Apparently I get around…
This weekend I tried a new-to-me brew from a somewhat familiar brewery. I tried both Boulevard Brewing’s IPA and its pale ale when I was in Kansas (pictured above), and I loved them both. Good news – Boulevard has begun selling in North Carolina. Squeeee!
While watching some football on Saturday, I ordered Boulevard’s Tank 7 Farmhouse Ale on draft. Wow. Just wow. This saison earned is “exceptional” score of 91 points of BeerAdvocate! At 8% ABV, it’s a bit higher than I would like, but the flavor made it very worthwhile. Here, lemme’ summarize…
- Appearance: the color of a golden lager, but more bubbles and slightly more cloudy, lingering head
- Smell: hoppy with incredible floral notes – gimme a bouquet of these babies!
- Taste: only slightly sweet with a clove-like hint of spice, but then out of nowhere, the funk kicks you in the mouth – it’s great!
- Mouthfeel: very smooth, thicker than you’d expect from the appearance, and finishes relatively dry
- Overall: love love love it – can’t wait to order another
In other beer news…
- This search term brought someone to my site yesterday, and I giggled aloud: “creeper holding beer” Ha!
- Here’s “A Vegetarian’s Approach to Craft Beer Pairings“
- Another lovely post from one of my favorite Beer Runners
- St. Augustine was the patron saint of brewers. I just learned that he once said, “The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” Okay… that’s not beer news exactly, but I just happened to like it.
Had any good brews lately? (beer, coffee, tea)