My Wednesday has a 1st name; it’s nom nom nom nom nom

Thanks for checking out my latest What I Ate Wednesday (WIAW) post.  If you hadn’t noticed, I’m a big fan of the weekly linkups.  You can check them all out at Peas and Crayons.

Yesterday was a little dramatic (just a little – nothing major).  Rather than get into that, which I will most likely do tomorrow, I’ll just skip to the noms.

Source: via John on Pinterest

Pre-Gym: salt-free rice cake & 1 tsp PB Crave Cookie Nookie

breakfast

Post-Gym: brown rice, Rotel, bell pepper, and egg whites… along with 10 almonds about an hour later

egg

Lunch: salad (cabbage, radish, carrots, 1 tbs sunflower seeds, 2 tbs dressing, baby greens) & grande skinny cappuccino (gotta love work meetings at Starbucks!)

salad   coffee

*dressing = Newman’s Own Lite Honey Mustard, I’ve been buying healthy and expensive dressings lately, and I end up hating them 80% of the time.  I decided it was time to just go back to basics, and this one’s a winner.

Snack: plain low-fat yogurt & raspberries (great combo – nice and tart)… and an apple about an hour later

snack   apple

Dinner: plain baked tofu (I actually love plain tofu.), roast cauliflower, and Miss Smart’s squash riso-faux (I made a few changes due to what I had on hand, ie: walnuts for cranberries and butternut squash for buttercup squash, but all-in-all, it was fan-freakin-tastic!)

risotto

Dessert: whole wheat dark chocolate pumpkin muffin (Yup, I’m wearing heart pajamas.  I’m a lover, not a fighter.)

muffin

• What’s your go-to coffee beverage?

This entry was posted in Food and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

32 Responses to My Wednesday has a 1st name; it’s nom nom nom nom nom

1. Jessie says:

oh that muffin sounds delicious… and your heart pjs are adorable!

2. I love all your eats! No shame in the PJS ;D

3. Rice cakes are totally underrated. Have you had the lightly salted ones from Trader Joe’s? I never thought I would crave a rice cake in my life until I ate those! [Although, considering I love cardboard crackers known as Wasa, I'm not sure that is surprising.]

Glad you made the riso-faux! It looks beautiful, and I LOVE your substtutions.

4. I am desperate to try the new pumpkin spiced latte in Starbucks right now.

5. I just saw that PB Crave on our shelves at work, I need to try it sometime (I love PB and rice cakes!).
    Favorite coffee? I like it black, but if I’m going to splurge, I love a skinny latte with sugar fre vanilla and extra foam :)

6. Nichole says:

Chocolate pumpkin muffin!! NOM!

That bologna cat, omg I about wet my pants, hahaha!

7. You’d never hear me complaining about having a work meeting in Starbucks! And good choice in drinks :D Cappuccinos are definitely my favorite, although sometimes nothing hits the spot like a vanilla latte.

I hear ya. I’m one of those indecisive types at the register going back and forth between cappuccino and latte. Too many choices!

8. Yum. That dark chocolate pumpkin muffin looks ah-mazing!! Is that recipe for the “near” future? :D

And I love that cat picture. Reminds me of the Oscar Meyer commercials from when I was younger… It’s how I learned to spell Bologna! :)

Nope, no recipe. They turned out pretty well, but they’re not fantastic. Plus, I threw stuff together without writing it down or measuring. Blogger fail! Haha

9. My go-to coffee is from Starbucks. A grande drip with just a few shakes of cinnamon. SO good.

10. Kierston says:

Starbucks or Bridghead!

Your noms look nommmy!

11. Miz says:

How. Have. I. Never. Smeared. Peanut. Butter. On. My. Cake. Of. Rice!?

12. Great healthy eating day! I’ll have to check out that riso-faux, sounds yummy. And your dark chocolate pumpkin muffin looks amazing.

13. Love the eats! My favorite coffee beverage is rather boring – an Americano. I get the punch of an espresso with the size of a coffee to keep me warming out as I drink it. No calories!

14. I need to try that faux risotto! Your looks fab.

I’m not a big “fancy” coffee person, but I do treat myself to Americanos when I have to fly out early in the morning.

15. Love the pjs :) I love the peppermint mocha’s at starbucks.. and obviously pumpkin spice lattes :) mmmm

16. Haha, Cookie Nookie….awesome name. I’m a plain ol’ coffee girl, and I usually brew it at home (I’m cheap, what can I say?), but I HAVE been adding a teaspoon or so of pumpkin pie spice to the grounds lately. Makes it feel more special!

17. Skinny (sometimes soy depending on my dairy intake) latte, no foam. Bam. :)

18. Confession: I wear Curious George Jammie’s! :)

19. I also saw the recipe for squash riso-faux. It looks fantastic–glad you tried it and gave it a thumbs up. My go-to coffee drink is an Americano. Simple, but I love it.

20. Try Annie’s goddess dressing. FANTASTIC.

21. Lately I’m obsessed with decaf Americanos with soy milk or 2% milk. I love it when they taste creamy!

22. I do coffee with a splash of almond milk, and some stevia! Or if I’m at starbucks, a splash of soymilk and a little sugar free vanilla ;)

23. Pingback: Veg Pledge & Rabbit Salad | Love, Sweat, and Beers