I’m sorry to be cliche with the “Friday Five” post, but I really am a sucker for alliteration. Plus, it just so happens that I have five share-worthy thoughts. Yup, no more and no less. Just go with it.
1. I’m a mess. By making myself one little cauliflower crust pizza the other night, I managed to get cauliflower all over my counters and floor while also dropping little bits of marinara all over my sweatshirt. At least it was yummy!
2. Have you seen the new Yoplait? I just heard about it from Coco yesterday, and it totally cracks me up. The yogurt advertises “just six simple ingredients,” milk, strawberries, sugar, corn starch, colored with vegetable juice, and natural flavor. It’s only funny to me because they’re advertising unnecessary added sugar and corn starch. I’m not anti corn starch; it’s just not what I’d chose to put in yogurt… and advertise it.
3. Yesterday was another successful three-mile Thursday. I’m a fan of the 5k. I guess I’ve found my sweet spot, even if it’s a bit slower than I’d like right now.
4. Last night’s dinner didn’t go according to plan but was not a total flop. I wanted to make Jess’s Spicy Thai Peanut Stir Fry, but I am out of regular peanut butter. (Horrific!) I have leftover Nutella from the cheesecake bars and two unopened jars of PB Crave, but I’m fresh out of regular “peeb.” I was forced to top our edamame stir fry with that TJ’s curry I love so much.
5. Quest Bars! I mentioned these on Wednesday, and I couldn’t wait to share more. Now that I’ve had time to try more flavors, I can tell you… I still don’t have a favorite. Ha. Sorry, but I think I’m leaning toward vanilla almond (tastes like butter pecan ice cream) and strawberry cheesecake (tastes like strawberry ice cream… perhaps I just have ice cream on the brain.) These bars contain fiber and a ton of protein, and they’re low in sugar. They’re also GF!
Thanks Michele for introducing me to Quest bars, and thanks Quest for hosting this review. I totally recommend them.
- Seen any silly ads or products lately?
- Got big plans for the weekend?