Ever made a broad assessment based on unfounded, stereotypical claims? Well I’m about to make one. I hope you all can appreciate this post for its entertainment value and not its sincerity, or lack thereof.
What I Love About Europe
- Appreciation for quality – as seen in the older architecture that hasn’t crumbled
- Simple eats – How can a simple bread & salami sandwich taste so amazing?
- Little flush – Just a tinkle? There’s a water-conserving flush for that.
What Makes Me Laugh In Europe
- Terrible beds – We often stay in cheaper places, but I’ve felt “firm” taken to the extreme.
- Veggie-less traditional eats – Europeans eat plenty of veggies, but they can be hard to come by in restaurants.
- Towels (and often toilet paper) double as exfoliators – no need to pack scrubbing body wash
A Few Travel Essentials…
- Cotton Dress (so versatile & packable)
- Solid Clothing (best in photographs)
- Crocks Sandals (Leanne loved ‘em too on her India trip.)
- Restaurant List (get off the beaten path, or at least away from the tourist traps)
- Clinique Face Wash (best stuff ever & bonus gift is perfect for travel size)
- Good Travel Book with Map (so far, I’m loving Fodor’s)
Okay… that’s enough travel for a while. Check back in tomorrow for the WIAW blog party.
- What are some of your travel essentials?