Happy Friday! I have a Five for Friday post for ya. I was just thinking the other day about how my food tastes have changed over the years, and it gave me this post idea. (It’s actually 10 things, but I’m a sucker for alliteration.)
Five things I loved before I became a foodie…
- Sugar-Free Jello: I was a calorie-counting queen in college. I didn’t care what it tasted like; for 10 calories, it was mine!
- Dominoes Pizza: Don’t get me wrong. I’ll still put a hurtin’ on some Dominoes, but it doesn’t compare to other favorites.
- Subway: I used to practically live on Subway, but now it’s basically reserved for road trips only.
- Black Olives: I still love ‘em. Olives and I are very close. However, kalamata have stolen my heart.
- Lean Pockets: When Kevin and I were both working full time (he was actually at about 55ish hours/week), and I was doing part-time grad school, we ate the heck out of some Lean Pockets. If that company’s shares rose in those times, the investors have me to thank for it.
- Green Smoothies: Especially when served in craft beer pint glasses
- Saison Craft Beers: Some of these babies are really growing on me!
- Eggplant: I’d eat it before, but now I looooooove me some eggplant.
- Wheat Berries: When are we going to start seeing these babies on restaurant menus???
- Goat Cheese: I would have loved it had I discovered it sooner!
- How many of these can you relate to?
- What else would be on your list?