What’s a girl to do when she cannot decide between two recipes? Two become one, of course! (Did that remind anyone else of that Spice Girl song? When two become oooooone…) I was in the mood for lemon goodies, but I wanted to make something with blueberries. When I saw that the grocery store had Chobani yogurt on sale last week, I knew just what to make.
Sometimes things just work together, and in this case, blueberry + lemon = win.
Lemon Blueberry Muffins
- 1 3/4 cups flour (I used all-purpose, but I was out of ww pastry. Either should work.)
- 1/2 cup sugar (aka: white devil)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 TBS lemon zest
- 1 TBS lemon juice
- 1 chia egg (1 TBS chia + 2 TBS water)
- 1 container Chobani lemon yogurt
- 3/4 cup milk (I unsweetened almond, but skim dairy should be fine.)
- 3 TBS oil (I used olive, but other oils should be fine too.)
- 1 cup blueberries (1 cup is a little berry-crazy, which is how I like it, 3/4 might be good too)
- In a medium bowl, mix your chia egg and let it get all gummy while you prep the other ingredients. Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients, through salt.
- In the bowl with chia egg, add the lemon zest, lemon juice, yogurt, milk, and oil.
- Stir wet into dry ingredients, but do not over-mix. Fold in blueberries. Bake 21-26 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Mine baked for 23 minutes. Leave muffins in the pan for 5-10 minutes before cooling on wire rack.
It’s difficult to get a good picture in this house, especially if you want decent morning lighting. Between a husband who doesn’t understand, “let it cool” and cats who think they run the show, I was lucky to get one decent picture.
Enjoy the muffins! If you make them, please let me know what you think.