I have a new product to share with you guys. Okay, okay… it’s a new adult beverage. Big surprise there, eh? I think some of you might really be interested in this one. Michelob ULTRA Light Cider is now available nationwide (excluding CO, UT, WY and OK), and I recently picked some up to try.
- Appearance: nearly clear, not nearly as golden as other ciders
- Smell: almost no aroma
- Taste: not much taste so extremely light in flavor; obviously tastes like apples; this does not taste like beer, so do not expect this to resemble the flagship Michelob ULTRA product; not overly sweet
- Mouthfeel: light carbonation; lacks the syrup-like thickness of sweet ciders; has a dry feel that reminds me of English-style ciders; refreshing but almost too thin and watery
- Overall: I liked this beverage and found it to be quite refreshing; however, I certainly would not recommend it to most of my craft beer drinking buddies. I’m not sure that I would buy this again since it was a bit too light in flavor, but I can definitely see how it would go well by the pool or on a patio. Even though it’s not exactly my cup of tea, I did enjoy it and would certainly recommend it to calorie-conscious friends who aren’t necessarily big beer drinkers.
- Which favorite summer meal or activity do you think would go best with Michelob ULTRA Cider?