I’m on summer break today, but it’s not much of a break. My company allows us to take Fridays off between Memorial Day weekend and Labor Day weekend. It’s pretty cool, except that means I have to work harder M-Th. I’m totally down with that, but this was one stressful week!
Rather than complaining, I’m relaxing this morning. Kevin made me one of his signature lattes to go with my parfait. (Yeah – I felt bad sleeping in with him going into the office as usual, so I at least still got up at 5 a.m. to have breakfast with him.)
I’ll still get my workout in today, but I’m waiting until after my doc appt for that. Having Friday off means I can make it to the 9 a.m. spin class with my favorite instructor. Woohoo!
That’s not that that has changed with this week’s workouts. Since I’m working longer hours M-Th, I don’t have as much time to devote to long workouts through the week. (I also have to pre-make breakfast, so I’ve turned to overnight oats.) This is the new sweat schedule…
- Monday: 0.5 mile walk, 1 mi run, 0.5 mi walk, gooooood stretch, and core yoga at night
- Tuesday: quick warm up, Jillian Michaels no-weights workout, extra pushups, and hip exercises at night
- Wednesday: 10 min swim, 5 min walk in pool, 13 min swim, 2 min walk in pool, and pilates at night
- Thursday: walking warm up, this BodyRock workout (the timed portion and upper-body cool down)
- Friday: spin class, a little bonding with the weight room
- Saturday: long walk with the hubs followed by stretching and hip exercises
- Sunday: active rest (Sundays are always crazy around here!)
I find these quick and to-the-point workouts are suiting me fairly well. My hips hurt after my Monday run, so I think I’m going to keep the runs to once a week. Even though I broke up with my physical therapist on Wednesday, I will continue to do my hip strengthening exercises in the evenings.
- Have your workouts changed for summer? Trying anything new?