Well, my weekend was much needed. Sadly, I think I need a vacation from my vacation. Quick Recap:
- Friday: drove to Greenville, SC and stayed out much too late with friends
- Saturday: bbq party for late lunch, stop by the pool, grilling out with friends for dinner, and out again
- Sunday: home from Greenville, then pizza and sitting out with neighbors at night
- Monday: grilling out party with neighbors
By Monday, I didn’t really want to think of attending another BBQ, but I took one for the team because I like chillin’ in the neighborhood.
The weekend was a blast, but my waistline definitely suffered the consequences. When I work out hard, I fell empowered. I feel strong <- not just physically, but mentally. Now that I haven’t been working out so hard, I’ve felt my willpower and confidence dropping, so it’s time to give my bod a good kick in the rear.
I’m ready to do something about it. Here’s a sample meal plan:
- Breakfast: berry parfait
- Snack 1: 10 almonds and fruit
- Lunch: Greek salad (no cheese + healthy fat dressing) and pita
- Snack: protein shake and veggies
- Dinner: any healthy combo of lean protein, slow-burn carbs, and extra veggies (approx 400 cal)
Though I’m not quite back to my workouts yet, I’m going to push it just a little harder. For instance, I should be swimming 2-3 days per week, not 1. I hate swimming, but when that’s the only cardio you can do, sometimes you’ve just got to suck it up and dive in.
I’m ready to pump it up – who’s with me??? (By the way, if you ever feel that you need a little support, feel free to tweet me or shoot me an email. It’s amazing how cohesive an online network can be.)