My Favorite Things

Here are three of my favorite things (if you read this blog with any sense of regularity), you can guess them.  It’s pizza, beer, and weekends.  Luckily, this post contains all three.

Last night’s dinner was most of an Amy’s cheeseless pizza and a Rogue Dead Guy ale.  I’ve had the ale before (recommended), but the pizza was new to me.  Wow.  Just wow.  I thought removing cheese from pizza was blasphemous, but I was wrong.  Amy’s knows vegan.

pizza

As for that third thing… it’s the weekend.  It’s not just the weekend; it’s a long weekend – albeit not long enough.  It’s also a weekend where I get out early on Friday and have lots of fun things planned.

weekend

Bring it on.

On a side note, as Kevin and I ate our separate pizza dinners, we sat on the couch.  I usually prefer family-style meals at the table, but we’ve been watching the Band of Brothers tv series on DVD.  I’m not crazy about the show since it’s mostly just WWII fighting, but it has its good points.

1. Great mini stories from real veterans in the intro (wish they were longer)
  2. Beautiful cinematography (at least for war scenes)
  3. Good looking men (funny since this is a “man” show)

What do you have planned for the weekend?

This entry was posted in Food, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to My Favorite Things

1. Pizza, beer and weekends. We’d get along so well. :)

And I was surprised with where cheese sits on my pizza priority list. When we get pizza delivered or order it at a restaurant, the more cheese the better! But when I make pizza on my own, I focus more on all the toppings and load it up. I usually don’t skip cheese completely, but use just a little as the “glue” to keep all the toppings from falling off. :)

2. Alex says:

Pizza and long weekends are a recipe for awesomeness :) Have a great one my friend!!

3. lindsay says:

oh yes, love your weekend. Enjoy the pizza night!

4. Pizza is definitely on my list of favourite things too! I’m usually all about the cheese though. ;)

This weekend I’m celebrating my birthday with my friends and family! I hope you have a good one too!

5. Allie says:

That Amy’s pizza IS good! I, unfortunately, have some clothes shopping planned for the weekend. Nothing ruins a good weekend like a forced traipse through a mall…Oh, well, there juuust might be some beer involved afterwards to make it all okay ;D

6. Um, yes…some seriously good looking men in those pics! I have some shopping planned this weekend and a memorial day cookout!

7. Nichole says:

OMG I cannot stop laughing at that quote, AMEN!! I love it.

Pizza and beer, be still my heart. I want to work on my tan and pool this weekend, real crazy I know:)

Have a great, long weekend!

8. That graphic is awesome!!! I need that on a t-shirt.

Those Amy’s pizzas are the best!

9. beer, pizza, and long weekends are some of my favorite things, too. :)

I have plans to hit up Memorial Day sales tonight, go to a bday party tomorrow, a bday party on Sunday, and rest. Should be lots of fun!

10. Missi says:

Weekend – Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri on St. Somewhere (that’s the boat’s name). A lot of time will be spent cleaning the outside of the boat (inside has already been done) and the stocking of supplies. Here’s to no work for the weekend.

11. I’ve had that Amy’s pizza before and I agree. Very tasty. Thought you’d always need cheese.
    I watched a bit of Band of Brothers with a friend a while back. It was very interesting.
    Have a great weekend!

12. misszippy1 says:

I keep hearing good things about Amy’s pizza–will have to give it a go. And I am like you, not a big fan of movies like that, but watched and got quite into Band of Brothers years ago when it came out.

13. Your favorite things happen to also be up there on MY favorite things list. :) I can get on board with a cheeseless pizza- Amy’s knows their stuff. Although, I’d probably end up eating some cheese on the side, anyway. Cheese completes me.

14. We are watching band of brothers too :)

15. Hahaha I love that quote, that’s awesome and SO true ;) Now someone pass me a drink! hehe

16. Pizza and Rogue Dead Guy! You can’t go wrong! My next home brew will be a Kool-Aid Pale Ale! It is going to be interesting :)

17. That pizza is screaming for some cheese ;)