Yaaawwwwwn. Anyone else enjoying a lazy Sunday? It’s nearly 9:30 a.m., and I’m still in my pajamas. Okay, I do have some laundry going, but aside from that, it’s pretty lazy here.
Breakfast of champions: homemade latte (crafted by Kevin) and carrot cake loaf
Now I’m sitting down at my computer to make my grocery list. I’m a stickler for the list. If I go into a grocery store without a list, I walk looking (and feeling) lost and confused. I need a game plan.
There’s a process to a good list. Here’s mine for today:
- Get out any coupons (I rarely have any) & pull up the local grocery store’s online weekly flyer for inspiration by what’s on sale and what’s in season
- Pull up the LiveFit meal plan to get a basic idea of what I’m going to need
- Visit a few of my favorite recipe sites for meals that fit my on-sale/in-season/LiveFit needs.
Since I’m about to pull up my favorite recipe sites anyway, let me go ahead and share them with you.
- Oh She Glows (duh… I mention this one frequently)
- Better Homes & Gardens (they’re not all wins, but they’re traditional and usually comforting)
- Whole Foods (some wins, some loses, but the wins are big wins)
- Eat Better America (you have to look harder for all-natural recipes, but these have easy-to-find ingredients)
- YumSugar (not always healthy, but it often appeals to my foodie side)
Of course, you can always find more recipes than you need on Pinterest.
- What’s your favorite go-to recipe site?
- Or do you prefer cookbooks?