Yes, it’s another Five for Friday post. I promise I’m not feeling uninspired. In fact, it’s quite the opposite. I have so much to share that I try and condense it down into one post. Hopefully (at least) one of the five floats your boat.
1. I made Whole Foods Market’s Cabbage and Cheddar Gratin Saturday for dinner. Kevin and I were both pleasantly surprised. I didn’t take any pictures since it wasn’t particularly photogenic; that’s a pic from WF’s site.
Note: I probably used less spice/herb, and I shredded my own cheese from a block of white Wisconsin cheddar.
3. I created my version of the LiveFit turkey muffins on Sunday. Delicious! I spiced them up a bit with cayenne pepper and a little horseradish, and they were almost too spicy for me. (Hint: Eat the veggies first.)
Oh, and the recipe calls for 2 lbs lean turkey, but I used 1 lb turkey and 1 can white beans. Recommended!
4. I found a great warm-up video on Hulu. It has a 10-minute cardio session focused on arms followed immediately by a 10-minute cardio session focused on abs. I did the second half before completing a little ab work last night.
5. I wanted to make these Salmon Burgers on Wednesday. I bought TJ’s canned Alaskan salmon, but I couldn’t do it. Between the smell, the skin, and the bones, I nearly puked. I called Kevin into the kitchen to ask him if he minded cooking for me. He took one look at the salmon and said he wasn’t eating it.
The Brussels sprouts were already roasting in the oven, so we quickly came up with Plan B… of course, Plan B isn’t on the LiveFit plan, but it was pretty darn tasty. Pasta n’ sprouts.
- Ever get grossed out in the kitchen?
- What’s your go-to Plan B meal?