WIAW: Not Going Green

As you all might recall, March is the What I Ate Wednesday (WIAW) “Goes Green.”  While I do still love green veggies, I have to admit – I haven’t been showing them any much love.

Pre-Workout: Rice Cake

Post-Workout: Protein Oats (eaten in the dark in my car)

oats

Snack: Small Orange & Sunwarrior Vanilla Protein in Water (Sunwarrior kindly sent me some to try.  It’s thick, but it mixes better than any other protein powder I’ve had.  The taste wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t particularly good either.)

protein

Lunch: Half Chicken Breast, Brown Rice, Onion, Red Bell Pepper, & Salsa

lunch

Snack: 0% Cottage Cheese & Small Orange (forgot to photograph – whoops!)

Snack: Rice Cake & PB (famished when I got home because of my sports doc appointment after work)

Dinner: Half Chicken Breast, Half Can Green Beans & Small Sweet Potato

dinner

Dessert: Cranberry Bran Vitatop (not recommended)

vitatop

As you may have noticed, I didn’t stick to the LiveFit eating plan.  I’ll give an update on that tomorrow.  If you’re like me and feeling just a tad bit guilty of your extra snackage yesterday, just check out Kevin’s dinner.

noodles

Those are white egg noodles over slow cooked beef in red wine gravy (one of his favorite meals).  Feel better already, don’t ya?
kevin
Yes… he finished it all.

• Have you been loving green (or maybe not so green) veggies?  Favorite one as of late?

31 Responses to WIAW: Not Going Green

1. Not gonna lie… I am kinda jealous of that bowl of noodles ;)

2. Alex says:

Hey man, although there’s not a lot of green, your eats rock! I don’t think I could stick to the live fit meal plan either, there’s just not enough food or variety haha
    I’ve been craving zucchini like mad lately so I guess that counts for green haha ;)
    Happy WIAW!!!

3. Meg says:

your chicken and brown rice bowl looks amazing girl :D

I have been all about spinach! Hahahaha and asparagus :) SO sweet lately :D

4. I’ve been slacking on the “green” recently, but after a trip my roommate and I took to Trader Joe’s, it seriously looks like we’re about to do a colon cleanse in our house. Vegetables are running rabid in my kitchen!

5. I’ve never seen the small packs of the protein powder. I’ll havet to look for it!

6. Rice cakes with PB are the best snack ever!! Its easy, convenient and satisfying!

7. Corinne says:

How do you eat oats while driving?!? Lol I hope ur apt went well an they gave you some tips to heal! Wow kevins dinner looks awesome, i would have eaten that! But slightly less, lucky boys!

I actually just sit in the parking lot like a total creeper. Sigh, the things I do for post-workout nutrition…

8. I haven’t followed the meal plan 100% all of the time. I am following it pretty darn closely though and still eating clean but I need fats in my life and not so many egg whites !Lol I think we will still get great results.

9. Kinda creepy that you ate in the car in the dark haha….

I know, right? I feel like a total creeper, but I figure it is probably less awkward than crowing down in the locker room. Ha

10. his noodles look gooood :) hmm green veggies….. uh, Oh we had string beans from a Chinese restaurant the other day.. LOVED them… prob not the healthiest way to eat greens but hey, better than nothing?

11. I’m more of a fan of non-green veggies, to be honest – red peppers, yellow corn, orange sweet potatoes!

12. Favorite green veggies would be brussel sprouts, asparagus, broccoli, and kale chips (hardly count…).

13. i definitely wasn’t the best with getting my greens in over the weekend since we were out of town, but the last couple days i’ve been doing a lot better. and i agree, the cranberry bran vitatop is not one of my favorites… it’s kinda dry and flavorless. have a great wednesday! :)

14. I have a weird thing about not feeling like I ate well unless I had something green so I usually make sure spinach sneaks its way into every day. I swear I could eat McDonalds but if I had a side of spinach somehow I’d be content with my choice…I’m a freak!! :)

15. Wow – protein powder in water, that’s hard-core. :) I’ve been working my way through a big bag of Sun Warrior chocolate, but I use it in shakes and such.

I’ve been doing better on the greens front again, after a momentary lapse from eating out so much when we were traveling. Just munching on a salad of greens, sprouts, heirloom tomatoe, sunflower seeds, and cranberries now actually!

16. Even though no green, it looks like you are still on a great eating track! I haven’t been great about getting my greens lately. I actually did sneak some spinach into a pasta dish the other night though, so that counts, right?

17. Red wine gravy sound delish!!
    You eats look fabulous… love sweet potatoes!!

18. I’ve been wanting to try the SunWarrior protein powder, interesting that it is ok, but not great, most people say it is SO good! (I’m not a huge fan of protein powder to begin with so I’m hesitant to even try it!)

It is much better than the last hemp powder I tried, but it doesn’t beat my whey. I’d still recommend it to vegans.

19. Your chicken and rice lunch looks so good!

I’ve been eating a ton of green veggies lately – right now I have spinach, kale and broccoli in my fridge! I love them all!

20. I haven’t been in a green mood either! I swear it’s because I’m adjusting to the seasons changing … or at least that’s my story that i’m sticking to! haha.

21. I’ve been really into cucumbers lately! I had a really good one on my salad out to eat, and have now been craving them none stop! haha
    And note to self, don’t try the Cranberry Bran Vitatop haha that is too funny!

22. Oh girl, I’m always up on my greens…except for today, I’m flat out and have to make it to the store!! EEKKK!!!!

You’re meals always look yummy!

xxoo

23. You didn’t like Sunwarrior? I’m addicted!

24. Jessica says:

Your lunch combo looks super tasty! And I agree about that vitatop flavor, not the best…I try to just stick to the chocolate ones!

25. Pingback: Hearty Meals 4 Healthy Hubbies | Love, Sweat, and Beers