Girl on Fire

Look out Katniss. I have replaced you as ‘girl on fire.’ I was feeling the burn this week, and my muscles were sore enough to prove it! (My chest was sore yesterday after Monday’s workout.)

hunger games

girl on fire (I need to get my hands on book 3)

I’m trying not to annoy you guys with LiveFit updates, but I think I’m due for one.I was agitated with the rest days in week 1.  Now that it’s week 2, I’m embracing the rest days. I’ll still go for moderate walks Saturday and Sunday as “active rest,” but I’m refraining from cardio. Weeks 3 and 4 still call for weights-only training, but they at least have me in the gym 5 days in a week instead of 4.

calf

my 1st run-in with seated calf-raises machine

I’m not sticking to the nutrition plan 100%, but I have significantly cleaned up my diet. If I stuck to this plan as-written for 12 weeks, I’d be a twig. I’d be angry. I’d be cranky. I’d have no social life. You know what – I’d rather not be an angry, unsocial twig.

meal

my lunch bowl of goodness

Most of my meals are super nutritious and protein-packed. I have even cut down my non-hungry noshes and my night-time comfort cravings. I felt legitimate hunger Wednesday night, so I opted for a hardboiled egg instead of cookies. Sounds like a step in the right direction!

***Note: As mentioned, I enjoyed beer and appetizers last Thursday night, and I thoroughly enjoyed wine and lasagna last Friday night. As I said, there’ll be no angry, unsocial Tiff here.

protein oats

protein oats "recipe" coming tomorrow

The Bod: I lost 1.5 pounds the first full week (according to my Tuesday weigh-ins). Due to the decreased carb intake, a good portion of this was definitely water-weight, but that’s just what I need to motivate myself to stay on track this week.

• Have you found any good meal plans or workout routines lately? Link up!
  • Have you voted for your favorite healthy living blogger? (Shameless plug – pick me!)

This entry was posted in Fitness, Food and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to Girl on Fire

1. nicole says:

I also did Live Fit and loved it. the no cardio was so hard!

2. The rest days I think I could deal with. But when some of the girls started talking about no cardio? I would not be able to do that… (says the girl who has a 9-mile run on tap tonight).

Have a great weekend, Tiff!

3. agreed being a cranky unsocal twig is not the way to be

i have been working hard to do a lot more weight training and drop back the cardio for a bit to see how my body responds. it’s an interesting mental shift

4. Kierston says:

Good job! I’d have a hard time not doing cardio because I enjoy it so much!

5. I like that you’re adapting the plan to how it works for YOU! :) Being an antisocial twig would be no fun at all.

6. Carly says:

Good work! I’m doing livefit also and finished up the workout portion of week 2 today. I decided to take 2 rest days instead of 3…will take Sat & Sun off and then start back up on Monday. Agree that you can’t stick to meal plan (& work out plan for that matter) 100%! Feeling a little guilty about some wine and snack indulgences at book club last night…but you’re right- boring and antisocial is not fun. Thanks for this. I feel better already! :)

7. Liz says:

I find that the Tone It Up nutrition plan, when I actually stick to it, works wonders for me! It’s clean eating in a nutshell. I love it because I can have foods from all groups, some in moderation, so I never feel deprived. Also, it’s more of a lifestyle change. Yes, they have the diet portion, but they also provide a maintenance portion. Love it!

8. That sounds like a great program! I’m really loving my Crossfit workouts this week, but I do miss hitting the weights too.

9. Nice work :) I took your advice, and I am going to wait until after my half marathon to start strength training again :)

10. Since my name is Cat, I think my hubs should TOTALLY be willing to go to the cornucopia for me and call me Katniss. he refuses.

11. I haven’t done cardio at all and I’m so surprised with myself! I’m not sure if I will go nuts with three days of rest, but I will try. I’m not doing the EXACT meal plan either. I’m still having some nut butter with breakfast and fruit and stuff but I think it’s best to change it a bit to our own personal needs. Eating clean and the workouts are all that matters! My sweet craving has gone down too!

12. Awesome job, girl! Glad you’re enjoying the trainer! I’m doing my own hybrid now and incorporating some of Jamie’s workouts! I might do the full trainer again soon :) Nice work on the eats. I definitely ate what I wanted on some days too!

13. I voted for you :) There is a UK blog which I love- keeping healthy getting stylish- Laura is a “mostly vegan” and she eats super clean foods, cooks loads from scratch (but really simple foods)- not food plans as such, but some lovely ideas. Her blog is chock full of recipes.

14. Brittany says:

Look at those calves!! You hot mama!! I don’t blame you for not sticking to the meal plan of this, you don’t NEED to loose weight anyway..use the workouts to stay trim. Beer, wine, and lasagna are just essential for a balanced like anyway!

15. I’m so glad you’re trying out LiveFit!!! It’s an amazing program and produced awesome results for me! Enjoy those rest days now…you’ll wish you had them later on in the program!!! It gets intense!!

16. Caitlin says:

I respect your shameless plug! I am so curious about this LiveFit thing that a lot of people are doing. I am a cardio addict and a rest-day-avoider, so I would probably freak out on that fitness plan. I know doing new things is good for us but I’ve been lazy and NOT gone out of my cardio queen comfort zone, while still doing some strength training.

I don’t blame you for not following the angry twig diet. Wine and Italian food is the best. Probably why I’m having that tonight!

17. AikoVenus says:

Congrats on your weight loss – my “diet” is veganism with barely any added fats…so my weight is pretty well balanced. ^^

18. strong work on the livefit plan! i hope to start it up after my half marathon in june. i’d go crazy if i ate only the amount they suggested as well, but i think it’s just important to recognize what’s best for you and your body! looks like you’re doing a great job with that! :)

19. Congrats on being nominated! That’s great!!! :)

20. I’d die on this plan since I can’t run!

21. I’m not trying to lose weight, but could definitely use to clean up my eating. Excited to see your food adaptations!

22. Pingback: Protein Oats | Love, Sweat, and Beers