I did my yoga. I drank my water. I ate my veggies. I am feeling much better that I did yesterday. Thanks for all the positive comments. Gotta’ love my friends – y’all make me smile!
I recently took on 3 challenges at once, which is poor planning on my part, but what can I say, I’m an overachiever.
Challenge 1: Run Half Marathon
Done. I wanted to share a race photo with you guys today, but there isn’t one. I posed for the photographer and everything, but for whatever reason, there are no photos of me posted online. Bummer.
Challenge 2: Alcohol-Free for 30 Days
My 30 days technically ended on Monday, so I had a beer Tuesday to celebrate Fat Tuesday. It was delicious. There were no slip-ups, but frankly, Kevin and I stuck around the house more than usual. That was nice because I wasn’t tempted to stay out late the night before my long runs, but this girl’s gotta’ get out! Luckily we have plans this weekend.
Challenge 3: Vegetarian February
This is going splendidly. I haven’t really even wanted meat. Surprisingly, Kevin agrees. If you’re not vegetarian and want to give it a shot, here are tips from my limited experience:
- Vary your veggies and your protein sources. There’s more to it than beans n’ rice.
- Just ask! I made a restaurant request, and I think my veggie version of the dish came out better than the original would have.
- Stick to real food. Quick protein bars and processed fake meats are totally fine, but don’t rely on them. Your body will more effectively utilize all the goodness found in whole foods.
- Tried any challenges lately?
- Do any of you vegans/vegetarians have additional tips?