I had something else planned for today, but I decided a recipe was in order. Many of you have seen “Tiffos Rancheros” mentioned in a few posts. I always thought the “recipe” was too simple to bother posting.
That was until I made it again for dinner Wednesday night. It’s so cheap, easy, and delicious that I finally decided to share the details. It’s a true 20-minute meal. Yes, that includes wash, chop, and cook time!
**Don’t you hate it when you cook a recipe that’s labeled, “30-minute Meal” but then it takes you almost an hour? Yeah, me too.
This was one of my single-girl go-to meals, so I have created the recipe below as 1 lunch or dinner serving.
- olive oil (I use about 2 tsp.)
- fat-free refried beans (I use about 3/4 cup.)
- salsa of your choice (I use about 1/4 a cup or so.)
- jalapenos (pickled or fresh)
- 1/3 bell pepper
- 1/3 large onion
- 2 eggs
- shredded lettuce
- Wash and chop your pepper and onion.
- Heat oil in non-stick pan, or use more oil in a regular pan. Cook bell pepper, onion, and fresh jalapeno. If using pickled jalapeno, keep that to the side.
- As veggies are softening, spread beans on a plate. Heat beans in the microwave until warm. Top with pickled jalapenos (if using) and salsa. Re-heat in microwave until all is warm.
- Add eggs to cooking veggies. Scramble the eggs.
- Place shredded lettuce on the beans and salsa.
- When eggs and vegetables are finished cooking, place egg mixture atop the lettuce. Enjoy!
Oh, and because this is such an egg-cellent post (sorry… that was really bad), I have to share yesterday’s breakfast with you. It’s eggs, spinach, onion, and mushroom on a wheat English muffin. Yum yum yum!
Sometimes taking a rest day has its benefits… mainly good coffee and warm, cooked breakfast.
- Do you take the time to actually cook a breakfast in the morning?