As I mentioned in my recent goals, I’d like to run a half marathon by the end of 2013. Get it, 13.1 by 1.13? I know, I’m a dork. Anyway… there are a couple races I’d like to run, and they are coming up quickly.
1. Dream Race: Disney Princess Half Marathon
- Pros – It’s awesome. You run through the park. You can dress up like a princess.
- Cons – It’s almost full already. It would cost $$$ to fly there, get a room, & register.
- Pros – This is what I’m pumped to run since it’s the first one I picked. It’s affordable. It’s not too far from home. It’d be interesting since I’ve never been to Columbia.
- Cons –It’s the first year for this race, which could lead to poor water station planning, porta-john planning, parking planning, and overall organization/logistics
- Pros – It’s closer to home. My normal running buddy + her other running buddy are registering. I might be able to coerce more friends into cheering for me.
- Cons – Running too close to home isn’t as exciting. It ends on a hill. <– Seriously
Here are my thoughts on running a half marathon in the relatively near future. I don’t think I can do it. There. I said it. I’m not registering for anything until the last minute.
I feel like the underdog sports team in a 90s movie. You know, the one who expects to get knocked out of the playoffs with every game but somehow keeps pushing through to the next level? That’s me with every week of training I finish. In short, even if I don’t make it to race day, I’m already so pleased with how far I’ve come.
- Which would you choose?
- How do you choose worthy races?