As I mentioned yesterday, the gym was crazy on Tuesday. I’m going again this morning, but I’m not looking forward to it. Yesterday I escaped the crowds by having a quick but good workout at home. I started with a 10-15 minute Windsor Pilates routine on Hulu (just do roll-ups and teasers during the commercial). I tried to post it here, but that didn’t work so well. Sorry guys!
Then I did this pilates routine. Come on six-pack!
Then I completed my workout with this 7-minute, no-equipment Bodyrock.tv routine. (I heard about it from Laura. Click on the pic to be directed to the workout.)
I kind of wish I had done a bit more cardio, but my feet can only take a wee bit of plyo before they cramp. I went for a walk on my lunch break, so hopefully that counts for something… maybe…
Now, back to the gym. The gym is full of resolution-ers out to change their bodies, get healthy, and seemingly, to clog the gym. I know, I know – it’s awful. This is the worst month to go to the gym. Not only are all the machines taken, the newbies are using them incorrectly, taking too long, or walking around as clueless as a brood of baby chicks. Here’s my advice…
1 – For the Regular: As much as you’d like to give the newbies the cold shoulder, try to be nice… or at least not too evil. Sure, most of these resolution-ers will be gone in 2-3 weeks, but you never know which of them are going to make it. It’s hard to tell who has staying power, so give them all support… or at least not the stank eye.
2 – For the Newbie: Follow gym etiquette!!!
- Wipe off your sweaty machine when your done.
- Don’t hog a machine (or three). This goes for cardio or weights.
- Don’t make obscene sounds when lifting. A grunt is cool now and again, but don’t get loud.
- Don’t be a creeper. Dudes, keep your eyes to yourself.
- Don’t be a skizzank. Ladies, keep your lady parts secure.
- No extended cellphone calls. I don’t want to hear how your bff got dumped. I don’t care.
- Re-rack your weights! I’m not your mom, and I don’t want to hunt down what you can’t put away properly.
If you’re getting the stank eye from a regular, perhaps you’re doing one of these. Check yo’self.
What gym pet peeves do you have? Any good etiquette tips I forgot to mention?