Thank goodness it’s Friday! Speaking of Friday, did you know that Rebecca Black’s Friday video is the #1 most viewed YouTube video of 2011? SOURCE Crazy. Let’s give her a few more undeserved views, shall we?
I’m sad that 2011 is coming to a close. It’s been a great year. I’m not sure if any year will top this one, but I’m willing to give it a shot. Bring it on 2012!
I haven’t made any “resolutions” for the year. I have a few goals and aspirations, but there’s nothing earth-shattering here. Resolutions and I don’t get along so well.
1. Eat less meat and more organic dairy/eggs. Eat more veggies. I went vegetarian in February last year. It wasn’t hard, except for that crazy burger craving I got at the end of the month. I may go-veg again for a moth or two in 2012.
2. Run a half marathon. My knees and feet may or may not agree with this one. I would like to run 13 miles by 2013… or maybe the end of 2013.
3. Remove excess holiday weight quickly, and maintain my weight all year long. I don’t think this will be easy, but it certainly won’t be too challenging. Wish me luck!
Lunch: Steamed Veg, Chicken, & Brown Rice ~ I don’t need you n’ your sauce, Mr. Panda!
Yeah… I guess that’s about it for goals. If you’d like to set some yourself, here are some tips.
- Create a timeline. Giving yourself an entire year is fine, but smaller checkpoints will help significantly.
- Make it challenging but attainable. No full marathon plans here!
- Track your success. I plan to use a scale, but I also have a body fat caliper and my jeans for reference.
- Make sure your goals are measurable. My #2 goal is pretty darn measurable, though #1 is quite vague.
- Reward yourself for your success. If you want to lose weight, I recommend rewarding yourself with a pedicure, not a cheesecake.
Do you make goals or resolutions? If so, what’s one you’re working to accomplish?