Oy Vey… I’m Sick

Yesterday was a loooong day. Work was pretty lame, and I was feeling pretty cruddy. I woke up with a sore throat, so I skipped my planned tabata workout. I still completed some pilates though, and with my free time, I made coffee and banana oats.

oats

I wish I could say the warmth from the oats n’ coffee helped my throat, but I didn’t. I still carried these to the office.

sick

For dinner, I went for the standard, chicken noodle. (BTW: Lots of cake was consumed for lunch.)

chick n noodle

As you may remember from yesterday’s post, I had a beer after dinner. After writing the WIAW: Holiday-ish Edition post, I realized the beer was the most holiday-ish thing listed. My work calendar says that yesterday was the first full day of Hannaukah. Shalom, Y’all!

beer

This beer is a He’Brew beer from Shmaltz Brewing, which is the creative genius behind Genesis Ale and Jewbilation. (So clever!) I went for Genesis, which is an American pale ale.

This is a very beer-ish beer. I tasted heavy caramel malts, but there’s also a punch of bitterness. It’s not too bitter, but I certainly wouldn’t recommend it to many beer newbies. There’s some yeast, but there’s virtually no hop flavor. If you’re a hop-head, skip this one… unless you want to buy it anyway for the marketing. As you can see, Genesis is a copper color with moderate-to-high carbonation.

Cheers… or should I say, L’Chaim!

• Do you eat a bunch when you’re sick? I seem to be stuffing my face.
  • Ever had this beer? If so, what’d ya think?

This entry was posted in Brews, Food and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to Oy Vey… I’m Sick

1. Feel better soon!

When I sick, I’m rarely hungry, but when I am i usally eat soup and/or bread.

2. Alexandra says:

Oh no! :( get well soon!

3. I have been eyeing He’brew for a couple of years now. I need to just buy some and try it for myself. Love your description that it’s a “beer-ish beer.” I totally know what you mean!

Hope you feel better soon!!!

Good, I’m glad someone knew what I was talking about! It was the first thing out of my mouth to the hubs, so I thought I should include it.

4. Corinne says:

I hope you feel better and you’re not sick for Christmas! take a rest day – you’ll get better quicker!

5. Sarah says:

I’ve never had the He-brew before but I love the name! I’m not much of an eater when I’m sick.. but I sure am lazy. I guess that comes with the territory though. At least you got in some pilates! Mega points for that one! Hope your feeling better today to squeeze in a run!

6. Sorry you’re sick, hope you feel better soon. I like He’brew beer, but I’m a fan of beery beers :)

7. I hope you feel better soooon! That beer sounds really good – i’ve never heard of it, but if it’s a beerish-beer I’ll like it :)

8. Dorsa says:

boo sorry you are sick.. I hope you will start feeling better soon.

What a clever name for a beer, I love it! I don’t think I would like the taste tho, I am as you called it a hop-head :) mmmm gimmie a good IPA and I am a happy girl.. speaking of… I need to get some more beer soon. ha.

9. Oh no! I hope you get to feeling better quick!
    I either eat a lot when I am sick or nothing at all. Just depends on what’s wrong I guess.

10. I’m a bottom-less pit when I eat. Nothing will fill me up!

Very jealous of your cake yesterday … I was a cookie monster! Luckily, the cleaning crew helped themselves to our cookies. Rude, but at least most are gone! haha.

I’m glad I’m not the only one. Misery loves company! Why can’t I be one of those people who loses weight when they’re sick??? Haha

11. I hope you feel mucho better doll!!!!!

Ahhh I too eat a ton when sick….I just feel I want everything sweet and carby :)

xxoo

12. i’m so sorry to hear you’re feeling sick! :( get better quick so you can be feeling good for Christmas! i actually find that i hardly have an appetite when i’m sick. i just feel lazy mostly. embrace your appetite and enjoy it!

13. This is exactly how I feel today!! I wish I had some Riccola………Get well soon!

14. Kimberly says:

yes, I tend to overeat when I have just a cold and feel lazy or crummy. And I crave things that I do not normally eat — it is so strange :P Get well soon!!

15. Krissie J says:

I tend to eat less when I’m sick. Mostly because I can’t taste anything. Hope you feel better soon!

16. I always eat more when I am sick! Feel better :)

17. Oh no, I hope you feel better in time for Christmas!

I am a bottomless pit when I am sick. I want to snack constantly. It definitely does not make my appetite go away at all.

18. it depends what kind of “sick” I am. When it’s a stomach bug I can’t eat anything but chicken broth, but when I have a cold, i’m like a garbage disposal.
    Hope you feel better soon!

19. Ickk crappy to be sick over christmas! I’m the same when I am full of cold or flu, I eat a ridic amount! Even if I can’t taste anything it doesn’t stop me! Haha! Hope you feel better soon love and hope you have a lovely Christmas! :)