As you all know, I was bitten by the baby bug a month or so ago. It bit me pretty hard. However, I think I’ve made a full recovery. You can’t get pregnant from a bug bite.
So if babies aren’t in the picture, not that they actually were, what’s on tap for the next few years? I have fun plans and less-than fun plans. The less-fun plans include working on my career. Right now, the word “career” still seems like a joke considering my current position, but you never know what the future holds.
Time for fun plans. Fun #1: I need more travel! Kevin and I are good about getting out and about, and I’m not ready to slow down just yet (or ever.)
Here are trips I want to take:
- 2012: Big Trip – Aruba (plane seats booked)
- 2012: Mini Trip – Savannah (hotel room booked)
- 2013: Ireland (or Prague… so many choices!)
- 2013: Mini Trip – Portland, Oregon (if travel funds allow)
- 2014: Brazil (World Cup Baby!)
I’d really really really like to visit Munich for Oktoberfest in 2013, but I’m just not sure that’s going to fit the budget. That would a great way to celebrate my 5-year wedding anniversary, but I think we can go somewhere else much cheaper. (We’re frugal travelers who don’t mind little B&Bs, market meals, and cheap attractions <– some of the best museums are free with donation.)
Fun #2: I’d like to put on about 5-10 pounds before having kids. I don’t *need* to gain any since I’m within the healthy weight range for my age/height. I’m close to the bottom end though, so I’d rather not chance anything. I think I’ll easily be able to add the 5- 10 over the next few years, so I can’t say I’m really in a hurry for this one!
- Do you have any big plans for the near (or not so near) future?
- Are you as vacation-crazy as I am, planning years in advance?