Semi-Wordless Weekend Recap

On Friday, we had some of this awesomeness for dinner. After a glass of wine at the bar, I came home to enjoy some coconut water by the fire. I know… crazy exciting, right?

cats 010cats 011cats 013

I ran on Saturday, and luckily my running buddy came too. Afterwards, I took my first ice bath. I know 5 miles doesn’t justify an ice bath, but I have 2 knees, 2 feet, and only 1 cold compress. Leia kept me company.

weekend 002weekend 004weekend 005

Saturday night, I went to a tacky sweater party. I didn’t find a sweater to wear, but I did find a twin.

weekend 016weekend 020

Sunday was much more low-key. I spent hours in the kitchen, ate my weight in cookies, and made my version of this chicken slow-cooker chili. It was pretty awesome, and I’ll definitely be making it again.

weekend 009weekend 012

How was your weekend? What was the best thing you did?

This entry was posted in Food and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

33 Responses to Semi-Wordless Weekend Recap

1. Your dinner at the restaurant looks delicious! What was it?

Brrr I don’t know how people can stand to take ice baths! Nothing sounds LESS appealing to me than climbing into a freezing cold tub of water – especially in the winter! :P

2. Alexandra says:

Haha I love how your kitty wanted to play in the ice bath too ;) and your tacky sweater is the bomb!
    Looks like an all around wicked awesome weekend :)

3. Hehe I like your sweater! Very fitting for the occasion LOL! That chili looks amazing too! I love chicken chili! Ooooh and what kind of cookies did you make!?!

4. I also baked cookies this past weekend (and ate my weight in cookies, too)!

5. Cute pics! This weekend we went to visit my Grandma and spent the day hiking… my fav form of exercise!
    Have a great Monday =)

6. Corinne says:

My weekend involved slow cooker chili too! Isn’t it amazing how flavorful it is when you simmer it for hours?! Love the sweater, so great!

7. My weekend involved running in 20* weather, searching for a Christmas tree in snow and 20* weather, and roaming around Santa’s Village in 15* weather. Rather than an ice bath, I was jonesing for a hot tub to thaw out in!

8. Dorsa says:

haha love your ugly sweaters :) Our party is this weekend, I cannot wait to see what hideous sweaters people will wear.

9. So glad you liked the chili!

This weekend I went for my longest run ever (8 miles), and watched a boat parade. Good times :)

10. Any weekend involving baking is a good one in my book. I made a pie for my mom’s birthday and we spend Saturday celebrating.

11. What a fun weekend!!! Your cat is too cute! One of mine did that once and fell in..just a leg..but she freaked out!!!
    I love your sweater/shirt..perfect!!
    I have a ugly sweater party this weekend..still not sure what I’m going to wear.

12. Hahahahaha, I wish your cat would have jumped in. My cats are curious like that too.

Best thing? Cookies with Shayla and getting our Xmas tree :)

13. sounds like a great weekend to me! i love christmas parties so much. we went to one on saturday night, and it was definitely the highlight of my weekend. there was a ton of great food and goodies, and then we did a fun white elephant exchange!

14. Looks like an awesome weekend! Never tried coconut water; that needs to go on my to-do list.

15. AmandaRunsNY says:

I baked cookies too. YUMMMM!

16. How cute!!!!! I love your pic and your sweater :) LOVE IT!!! Awww…kitty…….

xxoo

17. It was hectic as usual, but I got to make kolachi and had some delicious food at my mother in law’s house!!!

18. looks like a fun weekend! mine was calm but the week started off quite hectic. just found ur blog and love it! excited to read more!

19. Lisa says:

Jealous! I’ve always wanted to go to (or host) an ugly sweater party. Fun!

20. That chicken slow cooker chili looks delicious!
    xoxo from Trinidad

21. Looks like you had a great weekend! My dog is always so curious when I’m in the bath. He always tries to get in with me. He is realy strange

Love that you found a twin at a tacky sweater party! Too funny!

22. I wish I had gone the ugly sweater route for our pubcrawl! It would have been WAY warmer! Dang… However, I can still make up for it with the ugly sweater day we do at work…

23. I’m loving your weekend! How fun. I can’t wait til my friend’s tacky sweater party .. speaking of which, I need to find one!

My favorite thing about this week is a toss up between the horse races and brunch with my friend!

24. My girl cat’s name is Leia too! I love it. She fell into the bath with me one time and it was like the scene from The Big Labowski! Scared the heck out of me. Sounds like you had a great weekend! We threw a holiday get together at our place and it was so much fun hanging out with our friends. Sunday was a complete lazy relaxation day! It felt incredible!

25. I’ve never taken an ice bath! But I’m getting old now and might have to start taking them eventually. Though I usually prefer heat after a tough workout over ice.

I’m glad you had a nice weekend! I love ugly sweater parties! Last year I went to three and got a lot of mileage out of my hideous sweater – which was covered in jingle bells and weighed like 20 pounds. ;)

26. Simply Life says:

Love the christmas sweaters!

27. Missi says:

I think that bug needs to bite you again! You can always leave your BBs with their grandparents while you go do fun things. Who knows, the grandparents may have so much fun playing that they actually buy you trips just to play more. I know a couple, and his parents sent them to the Bahamas, so they could keep their granddaughter for a long weekend! As for the less-fun stuff, well…it is less fun. :)

28. I loooove the sweaters! I want a fun holiday sweater real bad.