Yes. My mom and I are a couple of the crazy dazies who shop the mall on Black Friday. It’s a tradition, and I have no plans to stop at any time in the near future. Instead of whining about lines or fighting over Ticke-Me Elmos, it’s best to take these tips and do it like a pro.
1. Dress Cute (You’re going to see a lot of people. Most of the fun is people watching, not deal getting.)
2. Pack Snacks (This was our lunch because we knew how crazy the food court would be.)
3. Don’t Forget Coupons (There were really few good ones this year. Bummer.)
4. Stay Hydrated (We were able to refill these babies at Starbucks. Speaking of Starbucks…)
5. Treat Yourself (Grande Skinny Peppermint Mocha & Godiva Peppermint Truffle)
6. Obligatory Shopping Beer (We end every long shopping day with a well-deserved beer.)
By the way, I got a Red Brick Brewing Blonde (Atlanta, GA microbrew). I also got 1 turtleneck, 2 sweaters, 1 dress, 1 necklace, 1 skirt, and 5 golden rings… minus the rings.
I was supposed to run before our Black Friday excursion, but due to some minor heart rate issues the last couple of days, I found it wise to skip the run. I hope to squeeze in 4 good miles on Sunday. Wish me luck!
- Are you a crazy who shops Black Friday deals? If so, do you hit the mall, Walmart, or other big retailer?
- What’s your favorite candy maker? I’m a Godiva fan through and through.