Today’s the last day to enter my workout gear giveaway!
I finally made some chili this past weekend. It was kinda, sorta, but not really chilly outside, but I just wanted it. Plus, the chili recipe I was going to use was super easy. When it comes to cooking on a Friday night, I need something easy!
Here are two other chili recipes I like. I make these when I want to change it up, but luckily my favorite recipe, which I am going to share below, is faster, cheaper, and tastier. Winning!
- Fitness Magazine Turkey & Black Bean Chili
- Food Network Pork & Pumpkin Chili (it also calls for beer!)
I did not pair any beers with my chili, but I had an Oktoberfest brew later that night. I think that if I had enjoyed the two together, they would have complimented each other nicely.
Okay… without further delay, here’s my awesome mommy’s recipe for vegetarian chili… (World’s #1 Mom)
- 1 TBS oil (olive oil works well)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 2 jalapenos (optional)
- 1 bag Morningstar Farms veggie crumbles
- 1 15-oz can tomato sauce (no salt added is great)
- 2 15-oz cans kidney beans (light or dark)
- 2 TBS chili powder
- 1 TBS ground cumin
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
1. Heat the oil in a large pot, and then add the onion, bell pepper, and jalapenos (if using).
2. After the veggies have softened, “brown” the frozen veggie crumbles. This may take approximately 5 minutes on about medium/high.
3. Once defrosted, add tomato sauce and beans. Stir occasionally and let the chili start to boil. Reduce heat to medium.
4. Add desired spices, stir, and simmer until heated through.
- If you’re in a hurry, skip the veggies. Seriously – this is the fastest chili ever.
- I like jalapenos, so I add two, but you can add more or less to your liking.
- I never measure my spices, so these are approximations. I never make it the same way every time, so just use what you like.
- Like most savory meals, it’s best with cheese…
I also want to mention that I ordered my free pair of Naturalizer shoes yesterday. I won the a coupon code for free shoes (and shipping) from My Fashionable Affair. This was definitely the coolest giveaway ever! Check out my selection…
They aren’t the sexiest shoes I’ve ever seen, but they’ll be perfect for day-to-day wear, even at work!
· If you have a favorite chili recipe posted online somewhere, link up in the comments!