Weekend Rewind

Why did the weekend have to end? Ever? Sigh… I think someone’s got a case of the Mondays…

Instead of being bummed about sitting in my cubicle for the next 5 days, I think I’d like to re-live some weekend fun. Thursday, Kev and I celebrated IPA Day with friends. Friday, we grilled out with neighbors. Mmmm… burgers. Saturday, we had a date day. I know you all are probably familiar with “date nights,” but this was sort of an extended version.

We started with some of this:

And continued with this:

floatin

The lake was so calm!

smooth sailin

Then we got cleaned up like twins (I promise I had on a cute skirt and didn’t totally bum it):

date night

And we ordered some of this:

pizza n' beer

I had an Old Hickory Hefe with my pizza. I do not recommend it. I also wasn’t all that crazy about my pizza (caramelized onion, prosciutto, and kalamata olives – thought it would have been better). What I did like – the restaurant had half-pints of beer. I got to try 2 beers but only had the quantity of one. Score! Kev liked his pizza:

shrimp on pizza?  ewww

So to make up for pizza mediocrity, I stopped here on the way home.

fro yo

Kev doesn’t eat sweets, so he didn’t get any frozen yogurt. I used to feel like a fat kid when he made me get ice cream alone… I got over it.

Last but not least, I defied my podiatrist’s orders Sunday. A girl can’t wear sneakers to church ya’ know!

nude pumps

So that was the weekend in a nutshell. I hope this upcoming weekend is a little healthier. Couldn’t be toooo much worse, right? :) Stay tuned this week, I’m starting a new workout and have a new lunch bowl recipe.

What was the best thing you did this weekend?

This entry was posted in Food, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Weekend Rewind

1. Alexandra says:

Wow the lake does look really calm! What a great weekend, dang no wonder you have Monday blues haha
    By the way, that pizza looks SO delicious :P

2. Errign says:

I love when you can get half pints or half pours of wine to either try more things, or just have a smaller portion. Beer always weighs me down and I never want a whole pint.

3. The lake looks awesome…what a fun weekend! :-) xoxo from Trinidad

4. Krissie J says:

We went to our favorite local pub and I had to awesome IPAs! Love your dress & heels! Very cute!

5. Kelly says:

We watched 2 movies….loved it! Cute dress!

6. Looks like a fun weekend! I relaxed most of the weekend, which was so nice :)

7. Love the shoes and the dress… CUTE!! The best thing I did this weekend was layout by the pool… with a glass of wine… while the baby was napping….

8. ihearteggs says:

looks like a great weekend to me!!

9. Yay for heels!

Best thing has been being in Boston and hanging out with so many friends — I love it!

10. Lauren says:

The best thing I did this weekend was relax – oh and go to Target :)

11. Sounds like an awesome weekend. I totally would have gone against the podiatrist orders too. Sometimes, you just gotta have your pumps :D I spent most of the weekend shopping, actually… Looking around for ideas for my new place.

12. You are a brave woman. No not the heels. A white T-shirt and pizza. Katherine laughs at me because I cannot eat anything with sauce if I’m wearing white without getting some on me. Maybe it’s a guy thing.

13. He doesn’t eat sweets?! What?! Haha, that’s crazy! I’m glad you still got to get some froyo though :)

14. How do they expect us to wear orthopedic shoes our entire lives!? There are too many cute shoes out there. I’m more of a flats girl and those are so bad for your feet too!

15. Looks like a great weekend on the water! Mine was fabulous but kind of rainy!

16. That’s too bad about the pizza, they look really good in the pictures :(
    Podiatrists are too much when they say things like “wear flats, always” I mean, come on! We’re women, that’s so not going to happen!

17. ugh! i hate when i go out and my meal isn’t what i had anticipated! im actually making pizza tonight with caramelized onions, bbq sauce and meatless meatballs/pulled pork! its a staple in my house!!

love the nude pumps!

18. I had lots of time with friends which always makes for a good weekend!
    Love your shoes. Beauty is pain, right? :)

19. I always have to get froyo by myself too because my Kevin doesn’t eat it either! I’m not ashamed though…

20. You two are such a cute couple!!! The lake looks so pretty and fun!!!